Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavillon 15340

Hard drive conked out and needs to be replaced. Opened the computer removed the wires and need to now remove the cage around the hard drive, but the two screws keeping it attached are not where it is easy to get to. Looked online, but the configuration of this computer is different than what I can find. The screws are at the bottom of the cage facing the motherboard and I can not get the angle on it with a screw driver because even the smallest screw driver bumps into the motherboard. Can't find any other screws that might release it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

ok, but how can we guess the model of this computer !?

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The model # was above my question. Anyway, I have figure:d it out. I was trying to pull the cage up instead of slide it to the left. The screws I was trying to get at were from the drive inside the cage.  Now I have to put everything back with the new SSD drive. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello

So much the better !

But if I asked you, it is because with what you indicated precisely, impossible to find the model of the computer!

pavilion 15340

Capture d’écran 2020-12-07 185126.png

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=pavilion+15340

so if you have other questions, it will be better with the exact model

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.