Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 110 Desktop PC Series

I recently moved and when I set up my computer I cannot get it to turn on. The monitor comes on but the “brain” “tower” does not. I don’t know if I lost a cord on the move or don’t have it hooked up right. Looking for help. 

image.jpg

Any help would be appreciated! 

image.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Brittany_Lott1 , welcome to the forum.

Here is a picture of the Back I/O ports on the computer:

Capture.PNG

Item #1 is the DC Input power port.  You should have an external power adapter connected to it.  It doesn't look like there is one connected.  Here is a link to a picture of the adapter.  The HP Part # is 724264-001.  It is not available from HP, however.  Also, make certain that the computer is in an upright position.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Brittany_Lott1 , welcome to the forum.

Here is a picture of the Back I/O ports on the computer:

Capture.PNG

Item #1 is the DC Input power port.  You should have an external power adapter connected to it.  It doesn't look like there is one connected.  Here is a link to a picture of the adapter.  The HP Part # is 724264-001.  It is not available from HP, however.  Also, make certain that the computer is in an upright position.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! Now I know what that “random cord” was I put into my junk drawer:)

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Brittany_Lott1!

You know what they say? -- one person's junk in a drawer is another person's treasure!!  😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.