Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion

Hello I was hoping to get information regarding an upgrade to my gpu, Im not sure what my power supply can handle I am hoping to go from a gtx1650 super to a rtx 3060 or 4060

If I need a new PSU please tell me what will work with my desktop my product id is 00342-20892-13696-AAOEM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jman05,

In my opinion, with your 400-watt power supply, I would recommend a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4060 8GB powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cable, such as this model: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 V2 OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database, with this competitively priced purchase example: Amazon.com: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 4060 EVO OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 (PCIe 4.0, 8GB GDDR6, DLSS 3, HDMI ....  This would be one of the best graphics cards to pair with a 400-watt power supply.

Other, less expensive but less powerful graphics card options would be a smaller-sized RTX 3050 8GB, RX 6600, and the GTX 1660 Ti.

With a 500-watt power supply, other options are smaller-sized: RTX 4060 Ti, RTX 2070, RX 6600 XT, or an RTX 3060.

Do your own research and weigh your options carefully.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jman05,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

In order to assist you, please type in: System Information in your Windows search bar, and click on the System Information App.

Please provide the information you can find to the right of: "System Model", "System SKU" and "BaseBoard Product".

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

1000000473.jpg

HP Recommended

@Jman05,

"System Information", not "System".

Using the laptop I am working from at the moment, this is the information I need:

NonSequitur777_0-1714407016527.png

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I apologize for misunderstanding here is the requested image 

1000000615.jpg

HP Recommended

@Jman05,

Outstanding, thank you!

So, your HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2170m CTO (3V2Z3AV) as fitted with an Erica6 motherboard (SSID: 8906), is either fitted with a 310-watt power supply (p/n: L89232-001) or a 400-watt power supply (p/n: L69242-800).  The specs don't make that clear.

Incidentally, there is also a compatible 500-watt power supply available, with p/n: L81009-800.

In order to assist you with upgrading your GPU, I need to know three things:  what is the wattage (part number) of your power supply, do you want top recommendations based on your existing power supply, or do you want to upgrade your power supply (the 400- and 500-watt PSUs can be purchased online, such as via eBay) so that you can install a more powerful GPU? This has everything to do with your budget, of course.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help again, 

My desktop has the 400wat power supply  

If you have any recommendations for a gpu at this power level I would appreciate it, I would also be open to upgrading to a 500 watt PSU if it makes more options available 

1000000617.jpg

HP Recommended

@Jman05,

In my opinion, with your 400-watt power supply, I would recommend a smaller-sized (two fan) RTX 4060 8GB powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cable, such as this model: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 V2 OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database, with this competitively priced purchase example: Amazon.com: ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 4060 EVO OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 (PCIe 4.0, 8GB GDDR6, DLSS 3, HDMI ....  This would be one of the best graphics cards to pair with a 400-watt power supply.

Other, less expensive but less powerful graphics card options would be a smaller-sized RTX 3050 8GB, RX 6600, and the GTX 1660 Ti.

With a 500-watt power supply, other options are smaller-sized: RTX 4060 Ti, RTX 2070, RX 6600 XT, or an RTX 3060.

Do your own research and weigh your options carefully.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.