Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Download and run Belarc advisor and you will find some info on the OS and licenses.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
EJ
HP Recommended

it is in fact and obsolete PC,  13years old,  and came with

2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E4400, + VIsta and + 2GB ram (put in 4GIG first)

the E6700 will run circles on the huge list of 945g supported CPU, this CORE 2 beat them all.

I did not test the E6700 but will soon.

I did tests to find the oldest CPU on this 945g that can run w10-32b and both it at 64bit,  oldest and cheapest.

but the e7600 wins the race. and only 65watts max. a big win there. s_spec , SL9ZF

sorry HP or Dell or any EOM does not test every CPU on earth made (by intel) for this ERA an for sure now.

there are way , 10 or more celerons and Pentiums (weak) that run, but who cares then or now. and slow.

then there are the DUO set.  and the CORE2 QUAD best of the 945G can not do. (get newer pC with G31 up, chipset.

here is what must work , why not just spend $3 on these OLD used CPU and try it your self.  really. (i have)

The list that must work in PRACTICE is (not just theory) (many of these facts are HP secrets not told, #1 and ,3,&4)

• The VRM must not be overloaded,  so the CPU TPD does have limit on the MOBO and most makers of PC is secret.
  • The CHipset  must allow this. Intel 945G  , if the 945g logic says NO, IT IS NO ! hard hard cold logic,. data sheet read.
  • the MOBO bios must allow this, most PCs have like 10 -20 versions, try the newest and PRAY, oK?
  • last is the matter of BW, bandwidth spec on the mobo can limit speed many ways, again you get to try it.
  • Dell must let you (this is theory not practice)  After all if it works perfect, as my tests proved, you don't need HP.

You do know that many PCs were sold BY HP with linux,or Citrix  or other OS even FREEDOS, right so saying you need vista to burn the BIOS newer is not correct, then nor now,  you can burn bios in Freedos. you sure can,. and is not hard. ask

but sure HP has no pages now for this old PC, on FLASHING this 6201a PC.

one other limit is this, (dell made these by contract (ASUS) and HP does not tell use the rules on that did they.

• Manufacturer: Asus
  • Motherboard Name: P5LP-LE
  • HP/Compaq motherboard name: Leonite2-GL8E

here is what the 945G  RUNS,  this is what IT will allow, NOT THE WHOLE MOBO.

I have  a D945GPM & Prescott CPU, 651 (first 64bit) runs on my 945G

SL9KG STEPPING  3.4GHZ  and some mobo (not the 945) will not run full clock rates, that is HP problem not mine nor yours.

the 651 or 6x1 CPU runs windows 10-64bit all day long , .

but does not beat the E6700, ever. Core 2 DUO is PRIME grade on this chipset.

really in this case? how  fast can you go ?, and not overload the VRM,  this is always question #1, (forgetting lame bios versions)

the BIOS pages are lost as are the  old wonderful FTP HP servers.. gone. (or gawd knows)

the HP page is clear as day here, Zero support and no BIOS pages ! dead on model A

dead on model Adead on model A

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.