Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Slimline Desktop - 290-p0043w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to replace the hard drive included with this PC with 2 SSD (drives). I can't figure out how to get to the hard drive, sigh... I talked to a support person at HP and they were going to send the instructions to my email, but it never arrived. Also, what type of screwdriver do I need for the black screws on the "cage"?

I would really appreciate it if someone would tell me how. And thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the upgrading and servicing guide for your PC...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05934593

The pictures are not detailed enough for me to let you know what kind of screw driver you need to use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the upgrading and servicing guide for your PC...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05934593

The pictures are not detailed enough for me to let you know what kind of screw driver you need to use.

HP Recommended

@jumper77M,

While 3 screws remove the entire DVD and hard drive cage as a unit, you still have a problem. The unit has a Menlo motherboard,  having only 2 SATA headers.  That only allows the SATA DVD drive, and a single SATA hard drive

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the link. I believe it will help me do what I need. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information about the SSDs. I just bought this PC and before I had a HP 6000 Pro SFF. My drives worked fine in it, but I believe you are saying this mobo might not deal with them too good. The drives I used were: SamSung 8650 EVO. The support person I talked to said something about are the drive(s) M2. 

I'm starting to search now to find out if the SSDs are compatible...

Again, thank you

Update: I found out that the SamSung drive is not compatible unless you use an adapter...

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.