Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
550DT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Currently have the AMD Radeon R5 330 OEM, need to know what my computer will support so I do not buy an incompatible card.  Looking to get 6gb if possible, but looking at options vs cost.  System number T3Z93AAR.  Using desktop connected to TV through HDMI

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ItIsJustGraig,

This site will let you test you machine, and also shows the min / recommended computer specs.

That A10-8850 is way below the minimum CPU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ItIsJustGraig,

Your ystem is the HP 550-227c, as shown here.  Why you did not just state it is my first question.

1) The 300W PSU will support limited cards because the PCIEx16 GPU slot only allows a 75W card MAX.

2) Present AMD r5 330 is a 25W card.

What is your goal?  Serious gamer?   What games (only name the top 2 graphic intense). OK? 🤔

3) A serious GPU card like the RTX 2060 meets your basic inquiry, but needs a new PSU to power it, like the Corsair CX550.  If you want to go modular (less unused cables) Corsair CX550M

I really need you to answer the goal question, because my comment in #3 is based on basic inquiry.  If you push the envelope, then I up the card and PSU.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Sorry I did not include system name, that's just me getting caught up and missing the obvious.  I have the simple desire to get it to play borderlands 3 on steam.  I was hoping for a quick graphics card upgrade to get it to work, if I have to get another power supply as well I am just going to call it quits and upgrade entire system.   If no recommendations for that would you have recommendations for gaming builds or prebuilts for around 1,000?

HP Recommended

@ItIsJustGraig,

This site will let you test you machine, and also shows the min / recommended computer specs.

That A10-8850 is way below the minimum CPU.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.