Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-119na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I get a new CPU and update my bios using the handy HP assistant tool and I install my new CPU with ease but only to reveal that my PC now won't display anything. I'm not a truly experienced builder in PC's but its installation was not hard and followed guides to boot as well but the only thing my pc is capable of doing is running with all the LEDs on but no display. I've seen many things about BIO CMOS RAM cleaning and PSU problems but I don't even know if my Motherboard is actually compatible and I suspect it's probably not. my Motherboard is a Higos 2 84f6 and I can't find anything about it other than its obscure name. 

Help would be good but I'm not hopeful that my new CPU is gonna work which means I just bought an expensive paperweight thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
you haven't checked before?
this is probably your motherboard:

Motherboard Specifications

Review the processor upgrade specifications of the motherboard.

• TDP: up to 105 W

• Socket type: AM4

• The Higos 2 motherboard supports these processor upgrades:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.7 GHz base frequency, 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 8 cores and 16 MB cache, TDP=105 W

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.2 GHz base frequency, 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 8 cores and 16 MB cache, TDP=65 W

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.4 GHz base frequency, 3.8 GHz burst frequency, 6 cores and 12 MB cache, TDP=65 W

not compatible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
you haven't checked before?
this is probably your motherboard:

Motherboard Specifications

Review the processor upgrade specifications of the motherboard.

• TDP: up to 105 W

• Socket type: AM4

• The Higos 2 motherboard supports these processor upgrades:

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.7 GHz base frequency, 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 8 cores and 16 MB cache, TDP=105 W

• AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.2 GHz base frequency, 4.0 GHz burst frequency, 8 cores and 16 MB cache, TDP=65 W

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (Pinnacle Ridge) 3.4 GHz base frequency, 3.8 GHz burst frequency, 6 cores and 12 MB cache, TDP=65 W

not compatible

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help and in terms of my motherboard specs I couldn't even find a thing on here and if i did it would boot me to a error screen. I think it's time I built a new rig anyway I'll just strip out the components that I've already upgraded my pc with and start a new. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.