Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed Corsair Vengence LPX 2x8 - 16 GB DDR 4 3200MHz and it's only reading at 2133MHz. 
I see no setting in BIOS to change the profile.   Did I just waste money on the wrong type of ram? 
It is reading the 16 GB just the wrong speed.   The computer was sold as advertised 2x4 3200MHz memory speed, however, the new memory doesn't reflect that.  (I failed to check if stock RAM was indeed running at 3200, but might before I get a reply) 

Product name : HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1xxx

Product number : 3G825AV

Motherboard ID : 87D6

BIOS : F.13-03/29/2021

Total memory : 16GB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Oldtyme72 , welcome to the Community.

From what I understand, the best way to get memory that will run at the specified speed is to order the computer with it installed.  Otherwise, the BIOS/UEFI will not recognize the additional speed on third-party memory modules.  I have heard that HP will address this issue in future models.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.