Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000a (4H509AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Added a Seagate 8TB Hard drive.  I can find it in Device Manager, but it does not show up as an available drive.  I installed the Seagate DiscWizard and ran that.  Need to know how to make the drive available.  In the old days, I could go into the bios and change drive letters and stuff but I cannot find that in the new Bios.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Follow these steps to enable the drive for use:

1. Open Computer Management by selecting the Start  button. The select Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

2. In the left pane, under Storage, select Disk Management.

3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then select New Simple Volume.

4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, select Next.

5. Enter the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then select Next.

6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then select Next.

7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

• If you don't want to format the volume right now, select Do not format this volume, and then select Next.

• To format the volume with the default settings, select Next.

8. Review your choices, and then select Finish.

Nathan
If my response helped you, please let me know by marking my answer as the accepted solution. This will help others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Follow these steps to enable the drive for use:

1. Open Computer Management by selecting the Start  button. The select Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.

2. In the left pane, under Storage, select Disk Management.

3. Right-click an unallocated region on your hard disk, and then select New Simple Volume.

4. In the New Simple Volume Wizard, select Next.

5. Enter the size of the volume you want to create in megabytes (MB) or accept the maximum default size, and then select Next.

6. Accept the default drive letter or choose a different drive letter to identify the partition, and then select Next.

7. In the Format Partition dialog box, do one of the following:

• If you don't want to format the volume right now, select Do not format this volume, and then select Next.

• To format the volume with the default settings, select Next.

8. Review your choices, and then select Finish.

Nathan
If my response helped you, please let me know by marking my answer as the accepted solution. This will help others.
HP Recommended

Success! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou!

I built My first computer in 1980.  Grew up with CP/M, Wordstar, Datastar, Supercalc - Lotus, Windows 3.1 and every version since then.  I've done this a thousand times, but now, Windows 11, they changed it and made it near impossible!  Your help was immeasurable!  I spent the last two days researching, reading, watching youtube, and got nowhere.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I'm glad I could help you. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Nathan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.