Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 23-d260qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have this HP Envy 23-D260QD all-in-one which I have upgraded with M.2 solid state drive and 16GB of RAM and Windows 10 64 bit.

Mine does not have the TV tuner card nor the HDMI scalar card, but I checked and found I could buy these parts after the fact.

So I bought the HDMI scalar input keypad and the scalar card with 5 connecting wires, which I installed.

I turned on the computer, and the new parts are working! I have the same video and audio as I had before.

I went to use the new HDMI input port and it was not functioning, it was not responding to button presses.

I found HP softpaq SP67046.exe (My Display OSD Application version 2.08.020) and installed it just fine, even though I am running Windows 10-64 bit and not Windows 8-64 bit.

I pressed the top button of my HDMI scalar keypad, and it worked! It invoked "game mode" and showed the display from the new HDMI input.

The trouble is, there is no audio being played from the HDMI port. Incidentally the menus and +/- buttons all work just great, I even navigated to the speaker section and adjusted the audio to 100%, still no playback.

And by the way: no problem playing back something connected to the microphone input port.

I have SP61735.exe installed for the IDT audio driver version 6.10.6435.0, which seems to work just fine, just no audio from the HDMI input.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

When you use HDMI to connect your display, you need to adjust some settings through Windows to hear sound through the display as described in Selecting HDMI sound as the default output audio device. Also please refer to this HP community post: Click here

See if this works:

Download and save, but do not run this Intel HD graphics driver from your notebook's support 

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the page is for 64 bit. http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right-click on the graphics driver file you downloaded and saved.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp72370).

After that is done, go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, Video, and Game Controllers device category.

You should see an IDT HD audio device and a plain HD Audio device.

Click on the HD Audio device (not the IDT one).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Restart the PC and now see if you get audio and video out of the HDMI port.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

No you clearly are not understanding what is happening.

I will point out again the topic of this problem is, " No Audio on HDMI Input" <- make note of the critical word INPUT.

The computer is *not* a laptop, it is a HP Envy all-in-one desktop computer which has a built-in monitor.

The port I added is an HDMI *input* port, you see? It's not for connecting to a TV, rather, it is for using the all-in-one computer as a monitor.

The input HDMI port is working for video, but not for audio.

Keep in mind: that's audio INPUT.

HP Recommended

Hi@Barkfin

I understand you would like to know how to enable HDMI input on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

To use HDMI input on your PC it should support HDMI in settings. If your PC does not support HDMI input settings then you cannot use HDMI input on your PC.

Try the steps recommended below to connect another PC to an all-in-one using HDMI Input port.

Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-out port of the media device. (game console, disc player, another computer, etc.)

Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-in port on the computer, located on the lower-left side of the monitor.

Press the HDMI IN button, which is located on the underside of the lower-left corner of the monitor.

The computer switches to HDMI mode.

To switch back to PC mode, press and hold the HDMI IN button.

Refer this article to know more information about connecting the HDMI to your PC.

HP Recommended

"Did you make any changes to your PC?" - I already explained exactly what I did.

"Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better." - are you joking? Ok I will direct you to the very first thing I mentioned in the very first post:

Product: Envy 23-d260qd      <- look closely here for the product number of my PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I will explain the precise problem all over again. I connected my game device to the HDMI input port using an HDMI cable. When I press the HDMI IN button the display switches to the game video. Hooray! Except you know what the problem is?

I have NO AUDIO ON HDMI INPUT.

HP Recommended

Barkfin,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.