Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

HI,

I have this problem with HP Pavilion Wireless Keyboard and mouse 800.

No way to turn off the default Fn key.

Keyboard is very nice, but this bug drive me to send it back.

Any suggestion how to switch off Fn keys?

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@AP36
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, there is no option or software to turn off the function keys.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How can you release a keyboard where the primary function of the function keys is reverted to the secondary function PERMANENTLY? Biggest fail ever.

I will be returning to the store today, and replacing with something that does what I want instead of what some product designer has screwed up.

HP Recommended

@AP36
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Has this been fixed yet? I rely on my function keys for work, this is causing complete nonsensical inefficiency.

HP Recommended

Hi Team, 

unfortunately I have returned back the keyboard to the shops.I'm very sorry, I liked it and it was very good to type but the issue with Fn function is not possible for me to avoid. I use very often F2 function to "rename" file or "amend cell in Excel",with your keyboard I have to remember to type Fn+F2, not feasible when you have to do it mre the 100 time a day. 

I have switched to use a diverse keyboard from another vendor, but in case you will fix it, for sure, I will be back to use your. 

I hope you understand the comments, consider it with maximum proactivity and with the aim to share comments to improve the product.  Best regards

Ale

HP Recommended

I have bought this keyboard today and I am shocked about default locked multimedia keys instead of functional keys. Who designed this stupid keyboard setting???

I have tried many combinations like Fn+Shift, Fn+Esc, Fn+CapsLock to change this, but nothing helped.

Any help is appreciated, because this is really nice keyboard and mouse, but this setting is against productivity.

HP Recommended

You are not alone man.  I have same problem.  HP creators, where do you put your brain? fn + F keys, that is very unproductive. 

HP Recommended

This is terrible. How to disable the fn key?

HP Recommended

@AP36

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.