Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Desktop PC - 880-120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased this computer with standard CPU fan, I was wondering if I can replaced the standard CPU fan with liquid cooling? Which HP part should I order? Please help. Thank you very much. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Checked HP Part surfer (Link) for HP CPU liquid cooling options. Not available. You can verify using the provided link.

This means you have to do some homework to see if you can install a retail CPU liquid cooler. You have an Intel socket  LGA1151. I build systems but have never worked with this chassis. HP does not provide component compatibility details so you must investigate to see what you can do.

The question is what radiator can you use. A 120 mm fan/radiator AIO system should fit. Can you get to the back of the motherboard easily to install the retail manufacturer liquid cooler backplate to secure the CPU water block to the motherboard?

Many CPU liquid cooling systems need an open USB 2.0 header and SATA power, some don't. Corsair makes 120 mm CPU cooling systems which don't require these connections.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.