Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Edoras micro-ATX and NVIDIA 3070
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to get the new 3070 when it comes out and I was wondering if this motherboard can handle it or will I need an upgrade? The motherboard is the HP Edoras micro-ATX

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello
In order to try to answer, the model of the motherboard is not enough
we need to know the model of the computer!

It will be necessary to check the size of the chosen card, if there is enough room in the tower
If you have sufficient power supply required by the graphics card, as well as any additional pci connectors that might be required!
That said, this would only be theoretical, since these graphics cards are new, we cannot know if they are 100% compatible with an HP computer!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The model is 875-0014, I am upgrading the psu and the cpu cooler I heard that the 3070 will have a pci express 4.0 I was wondering if this motherboard has that or will I need a new motherboard too

HP Recommended

from what i understand, the 3070 is backward compatible with PCIe gen 3. It should work on a motherboard with PCIe3. Im getting the 3080 and your PC is way better than mine. It will work.

HP Recommended

If your power supply is sufficient, and you have additional pci connectors, it should work
But unless you are a diviner, it is impossible to certify that it will work.
If this works the motherboard being old with pci16x gen 3, you will just have a card that probably won't run at full power
Check the dimensions of the chosen card, the HP boxes ( tower ) are often very small, or just, it must be able to fit, but that it has enough space for ventilation

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-series/23302709/model/23...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.