Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870 244
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all. 
thank you in advance. Need a little help. Looking for a new MB that fits and has capability to use i9. And is the cure MB capable of using an rtx 3070?  I’m new to this so bare with me. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

You want a 3070 and a i9 CPU.

The best upgrade path is to buy a new OEM PC, buy a new System Integrator PC, or build a PC.

OEM PC: HP, Dell, Lenovo. Proprietary components are used. This option may limit some component upgrade options. 

System Integrator PC: check online, there are many manufacturers using industry standard components. You can swap in newer components with ease for upgrades or when component failure happens. 

Build a new PC: requires the desire to do it yourself.

Regards

HP Recommended

So what you’re telling me is there is no MB option and not possible with the current MB to replace the 1070 to a 3070?

HP Recommended

hi

is it this one ?

870-244 Product Specifications

Total wattage: 500 W external power adapter (100V-240V)

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: Up to 91 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1151
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Integrated Graphics
Intel Core i7-7700K (Kabylake) 4.2 GHz Quad Core
91 W
Integrated HD Graphics 630
Intel Core i7-7700 (Kabylake) 3.6 GHz Quad Core
65 W
Intel Core i5-7600K (Kabylake) 3.8 GHz Quad Core
91 W
Intel Core i5-7400 (Kabylake) 3.0 GHz Quad Core
65 W
Intel Core i3-7100 (Kabylake) 3.9 GHz Dual Core
51 W

your mother is shown compatible only with this
power supply in place, will not allow you to install some graphics card

you can possibly see this

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/document/c05391637

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/870-224-hp-omen-RTX-1060-3GB-change-to-RTX-2060-16gb/t...

so depending on the model it could work with a rtx 3xxx

it's up to you, or just try a graphics card, which could be reused.
either go directly to something else, but it will not be less than 1300 / 1500$  for something suitable and it will depend on what you want

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes and is there a MB that fits this? I find micro atx all over but measure 9.4 where as the current MB is 9.2 is that an issue? 

HP Recommended

@Taccone1 

you may have some problems
Connectors / fixings, may not match
If it is to change everything, the best would be to buy another tower case , which would be compatible with different motherboard formats!
Recover usable HP PC components, or resell it!
Depending on what you want to do

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.