Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24-xa0019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently upgraded an old HP desktop with an SSD with great success. I decided to do so with my All In One as it was slow. Unfortunately I forgot it had Optane Memory and did not follow the documented protocol for disabling this before the drive replacement. The computer is working but Intel Rapid Storage is telling me that the memory is offline. How do I fix this or do I even need to? I still have the intact HDD and could swap it back if necessary. I cannot seem to find an answer to this by online search and help from any of you who are much more experienced  in this field than me would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Spitfire78 I must let you know that HP does not recommend or support upgrades on an All-in-one desktop, as the same is rather complicated and hardware changes to the device may render it unstable,

If you wish to process either way, you may do so at your own discretion, by contacting a local tech to be on a safer side.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the wise advice. I should have asked the question first then acted. I did reinstall the old HDD and disable the optane memory. After putting the SSD back the warning message was gone and Intel Rapid Storage recognized both drives as being connected. Of course i cannot get the optane memory to enable but fortunately at this time I have a functional computer. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Spitfire78 That's awesome, I'm glad its been sorted

Remember, if you ever need anything else, we'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.