Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
23-q111na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

So basically, i'm looking into slighty 'beefing' up my all-in-one HP Desktop computer. When I take a look at my system information I notice my CPU's clockspeed is 1.8GHz. Which, for most games nowadays is too low. When I search for my computer, i've noticed that on some sites such as EuroPC, they claim this: "CPU Speed 1.8 GHz (3.2 GHz Max Turbo)"

So, my question is how exactly do I get my PC to achieve a higher clockspeed such as 3.2GHz (by the way, i'm not too bothered if I don't get it that high, even around 2.8GHz would be great!). 

Or, alternatively, can my PC actually do this at all? I have already tried programs like AMD Overdrive but it says my processor doesn't support it. And, I have also tried entering the system's BIOS settings on start-up, yet  can't seem to change anything.

So any solutions and/or answers to my questions would be immensely appreciated!

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jack_walt

Machine will automatically increase its CPU speed when required, no option to force (overclock) it. You simply can't over clock your machine, this is locked because of a very simple thing: Vendors (including HP) won't allow customers to overclock many consumers machines. They don't want to repair burning machines specially during warranty period.

All vendors sell games machines and some of them are overclockable.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jack_walt

Machine will automatically increase its CPU speed when required, no option to force (overclock) it. You simply can't over clock your machine, this is locked because of a very simple thing: Vendors (including HP) won't allow customers to overclock many consumers machines. They don't want to repair burning machines specially during warranty period.

All vendors sell games machines and some of them are overclockable.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.