Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-005er
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Good evening!
I have hp pavilion 500-05er ddr3 1600mhz 8gb (samsung 8gb 2Rx8 PC3-12800U-11-11-B1).
In the characteristics of the motherboard on the "HP" website, it is indicated that you can expand the ddr volume up to 32gb!
I purchased ddr3 Corsair (8gb (1x8GB) 1600mhz 10-10-10-27 1.5V ver8.21). The samsung bar from the PC manufacturer is in slot # 2, works great, but refuses to work in slots # 1,3,4 (the PC screen is dark), but works great in slot # 2!
When installed in ddr samsung and ddr corsiar with slot # 1 (the computer starts up but does not display a picture)!
When testing a PC through the aida64 program, the characteristics write that:
1ddr-sodimm
2ddr- samsung 8gb 2Rx8 PC3-12800U-11-11-B1
3ddr-sodimm
4ddr-sodimm
How to make 2 ddr work?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello
so sorry i may not have understood everything, but
your original memory module should work, at least the computer, no matter what slot you use!
If the new module is compatible, the computer should work with the module only regardless of the location.
If this is not the case, contact the after sales service, it does not seem normal to me

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

DDr1.jpgDDR2.jpgDDR3.jpgddr4.jpgIMG_4333.jpgMax DDr.jpgТест Aida DDR.pngDDR2.jpgDDR3.jpgddr4.jpgIMG_4333.jpgMax DDr.jpgТест Aida DDR.png

vy pravil'no ponyali! DDR samsung kotoraya byla v komplekte s PC rabotayet <tol'ko v slote №2>

you understood correctly! DDR samsung which was bundled with the PC works <only in slot # 2>
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.