Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 on my HP PC.  All looks good except that I have 3 PCIe errors showing.  It appears that the 3 device IDs are:

PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145A&SUBSYS_145A1022&REV_00\4&c93bee2&0&0039
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1455&SUBSYS_14551022&REV_00\4&2b9cc193&0&0041
Device ACPI\AMDIF030\0

I've run the HP Support Assistant and it did find a Realtek driver update and installed it.  I rebooted and the 3 device errors are still showing.  Rerunning HP diagnostics shows no updates needed.

I've tried looking up the device IDs but I haven't been able to figure out what devices these errors are related to.  Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Wayne011 

You need to install the AMD chipset driver for W10 64 bit from the AMD website,

That should install all of the devices you posted...

A520 Drivers & Support | AMD

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

A Google-search for: VEN_1022&DEV_145A&SUBSYS_145A1022

returned the page: Can someone help me find the drivers to these other devices using the hardware IDs | Tom's Hardware ...

with the text: May 4, 2017 
That first one seems to be Standard SATA AHCI
Second one Realtek PCIe GBE Family (Ethernet port)

Have you searched, using your model-number, or serial-number, at http://support.hp.com

to look for a device-driver for the SATA component?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response.

I ran the HP support tool and it lists all the drivers for my PC.  It appears to be fairly extensive, but I don't see any SATA drivers listed.

As for the Realtek driver the support tool did find a Realtek update and installed it but, as I mentioned earlier, that did not affect the 3 PCI errors.

Also, as noted earlier, the scan indicates that no updates are needed.  Specifically, it states "Detection was successful but you don’t need any new drivers at this time."

I'm kind of at a loss at this point.  Windows is showing 3 errors, but HP is saying all is good.  I've tried updating the drivers in the Device Manager but I just get "Windows could not find drivers for your device" for all three devices.  Unless I can find out what the devices are I can't download any drivers and have Windows install them.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Wayne011 

You need to install the AMD chipset driver for W10 64 bit from the AMD website,

That should install all of the devices you posted...

A520 Drivers & Support | AMD

HP Recommended

Paul,

Thanks!

There are 4 drivers listed.  Since you specified the AMD Chipset driver, I'll assume that's the only one needed. 

If not, let me know.

Wayne

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Wayne:

You want the first file listed.

AMD Chipset Drivers
HP Recommended

Paul,

For those who read these notes, I'll confirm that I used only the 1st file listed on the AMD site, installed it and rebooted.  All 3 of the PCI errors have cleared.

On a related note, since I've installed these AMD drivers outside of the HP diagnostic tool will HP check for updates?  I did a list of the HP drivers after installing the AMD drivers but, as far as I can tell, the new drivers are not shown.

Again, many thanks!

Wayne

HP Recommended

Anytime, Wayne. 

Glad to have been of assistance.

Installing the chipset driver from AMD should have no effect on the HP support assistant finding updates for your PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.