Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1070m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered this model with a 2060 Super and Ryzen 7. It offered a 400W upgrade, but I'm seeing that the 2060 Super requires a 550+. Basically, I jumped without enough research. I can't find PSU specs anywhere other than 400W. Anyone have any help as to size or fully/partially modular or anything? and I'm trying to debate if 750W is overkill. I just want to have a new PSU ready to swap when it arrives in a couple weeks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jesseatmjohnson , welcome to the Community.

HP engineers their components to work with one another.  The 400W PSU that is in your computer will be fine.  You won't have to upgrade.

The motherboard is HP proprietary.  It only has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  Therefore, you will have to buy any upgrade directly from HP.  The only other PSU that they offer for your computer is 500W (L05757-800).  Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart to show you where I got this information: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Your exact model is not listed, but all of the connectors on the TG01 series are the same.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jesseatmjohnson , welcome to the Community.

HP engineers their components to work with one another.  The 400W PSU that is in your computer will be fine.  You won't have to upgrade.

The motherboard is HP proprietary.  It only has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector.  Therefore, you will have to buy any upgrade directly from HP.  The only other PSU that they offer for your computer is 500W (L05757-800).  Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart to show you where I got this information: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

Your exact model is not listed, but all of the connectors on the TG01 series are the same.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Ok, it had me worried being that it was 150W less than recommended. I didn't see the link you said you had?

HP Recommended

@jesseatmjohnson 

The reason that you didn't see the link is because I forgot to add it!! 😉  It is there now.

Enjoy you new computer!

HP Recommended

I still feel worried. Haha. Then again, I'm still fairly ignorant to all of this! Thank you!

HP Recommended

@jesseatmjohnson 

HP sells thousands of these computers with the same configuration.  You don't have to worry.  I would appreciate hearing how your computer runs once it arrives.

Enjoy!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.