Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Desktop TE01-1144
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a Hp Envy Desktop pc and have enjoyed it so far. The only problem I'm having is that the psu is far too small (180w), and because of this I am unable to install a good gpu. Is there anyway I can upgrade the psu in this computer?

Product No. : 319J3AA#ABA

Model No. : TE01-1144

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Freya4 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP has two PSU's that should be compatible with your motherboard: 400W (L69242-800) and 500W (L05757-800).  You can order them using HP PartSurfer by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  However, before ordering either of them, I suggest contacting HP Customer Support to assure that they are compatible. 

Here is a Chart that will show you where I got the information.  Your exact model is not in the Chart, but it is my understanding that all of the TE01 series has the same power connector.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Freya4 , welcome to the Community.

The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  HP has two PSU's that should be compatible with your motherboard: 400W (L69242-800) and 500W (L05757-800).  You can order them using HP PartSurfer by clicking the box next to "Add to Cart".  However, before ordering either of them, I suggest contacting HP Customer Support to assure that they are compatible. 

Here is a Chart that will show you where I got the information.  Your exact model is not in the Chart, but it is my understanding that all of the TE01 series has the same power connector.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

I recently purchased the L05757-800 and successfully upgraded my pc. Now I have 500w instead of a mere 180w. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @Freya4!

Thank you for the update.  I am glad that the PSU worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.