Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-130
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I changed my power supply with a New Rosewill, I am having one problem, The power supply did not come with one of the connectors that I need, I need to buy an adapter, but do not know the name of this connector, it is the connector that provides power to the DVDRW drive, it looks like a regular SATA connector, but is much smaller, looks to only have 7 pins, ang it has the L shape like a SATA connector, anybody know what this is called?

I need to buy an adapter that can connect this to Molex

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found one on amazon its called 6 Pin Slimline SATA 15 Pin SATA Power Cable,

31IuqgWXeJL.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thats the one, Thanks for the help, now I can order one

HP Recommended

Oh, loking at it closer, thats not the one, very close, but the small connector on that one it wider and looks like it has 2 sets of pins, Power and Data? mine is only the power I guess, not as wide

HP Recommended

I shouldnt have poosted without a picture, I will take one tonight when I get home and upload it here

HP Recommended

OK :generic:

AA4PSSAPC_diagram.jpg

HP Recommended

Thats close but still not it, I uploaded a photo, but it needs to be aproved, the power supply I bought is one of those rosewill modular ones, and I have an extra cable left over, I wont use the old one so I'm thinking I might just solder the original connector onto the extra cord, just need to figure out the wire configuration

HP Recommended

The one on the left is the one I am trying to identify, it is next to a regular 15 pin Sata connector for size reference

IMAG1072.jpg

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

I found one on amazon its called 6 Pin Slimline SATA 15 Pin SATA Power Cable,

31IuqgWXeJL.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.