Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ5320F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was looking to upgrade the processor on my Presario CQ5320F, to the top rated processor in the list on the HP website for my computer. So I bought one, actually two, of the AMD Phenom II X4 (Deneb) processors. When I installed it, them, I get a message saying that the CPU isn't supported. I'm not sure how I screwed this up, but it's not working. I bought two of the processors by mistake. The code on the processors I purchased is "HDZ955FBK4DGM", which appears to be the processor in the list of processors that are compatible on the HP website.

- AMD Phenom II X4 9xx/9xxe/8xx Quad-Core (Deneb)

- AMD Phenom II X3 7xx/7xxe Triple-Core (Heka)

- AMD Phenom II X2 5xx (Callisto)

- AMD II Athlon X4 6xx/6xxe (Propus)

- AMD II Athlon X3 4xx/4xxe (Rana)

- AMD II Athlon X2 2xx/2xxe (Regor)

- AMD Sempron 1xx (Sargas)

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

nashville_bill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I appreciate you for giving me the answer. I guess it's time to look for a new mother board now.

It would probably be nice if someone let HP know this, so people like me wouldn't try to use this processor with this mother board.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

The Thermal design power on the new chips is 125 watts.

Your system board supports a TDP of 95 watts.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I appreciate you for giving me the answer. I guess it's time to look for a new mother board now.

It would probably be nice if someone let HP know this, so people like me wouldn't try to use this processor with this mother board.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome.

Replacing the motherboard opens up a whole new can of worms.

Best wishes.

Jay

HP Recommended

Just to clarify the inquiry:

The CQ 5320F has a limitation of a 95W processor, which is specifically stated  on the support webpage.  You tried a 125W processor, and learned a bitter leason. It will not work. The HDZ955FBK4DGM is a BLACK Edition  processor.  HP does not reference BLACK Edition processors.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Just to clarify the clarification:

Your system board does not support an AMD processor having a TDP of 125 watts.

Jay

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.