Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp omen 870 DT pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever i start my computer this message popup  evertime 

Invalid or missing product information 

the following product  information programmed in the system board is missing or invalid.

System board (00A) - System board CT number

for more information. please visit:\http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

please help me to resolve this isuue.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @waseem31, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting system board is missing or invalid system board on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Did you replace the system board on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

You might see this message after the system board is replaced. The message indicates that the serial number was not entered, or was entered incorrectly, after replacing the system board or other components.

To resolve this issue, contact HP using the Contact Support tab at the top of this screen. You will be asked to provide the fourteen-digit System Board Commodity Tracking (CT) Number. Use the steps in one of the following sections to find the CT Number:

Find the CT number in system information.
Turn off the computer.
Turn on the computer and immediately press the Esc key repeatedly, about once every second.
Press F1 to view System Information.
Find the System Board CT Number listed on the System Information screen.

Refer this document to know more information about Product Information Not Valid Error.

I'll keep an eye out for your response.

I hope you have a great day!

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

e266eb21-6556-4c85-945f-4ae2e3946447.jpg

Hi there,

i given this system in hp for warranty. and they might have changed the motherboard.

after it was working fine.   but since last few days i am facing this error message, when i start the computer.

so again i contact hp  they said now warranty has finished already.

as you can see in the picture there is no CT Number showing here.

so where did i find out the CT number ????

HP Recommended

@waseem31

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

i given this system in hp for warranty. and they might have changed the motherboard.

after it was working fine.   but since last few days i am facing this error message, when i start the computer.

so again i contact hp  they said now warranty has finished already.

as you can see in the picture there is no CT Number showing here.

so where did i find out the CT number ????e266eb21-6556-4c85-945f-4ae2e3946447.jpg

HP Recommended

product information not valid error

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue after motherboard replacement. I am getting the same error message at startup and also the battery is not being recognized. Can you please advise what to do?

HP Recommended

Hi @ABB7

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding this issue. 

You may refer to this document - HP PCs - Product Information Not Valid Error Displays before the Computer Starts

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.