Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 20-f214d
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using ddr3L 1600mhz but when i check my ram speed at windows 10 task manager it says I am just using 1333mhz. It all started when I cleaned my computer this morning and found out that my cmos is dying and replaced new battery. 

Please help. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I posted yesterday, the DDR3-1600 memory runs at 1333 MHz because that is the fastest speed your notebook can run the memory at.

This is taken right from your PC's specs page...There is nothing wrong with your PC.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 20-f214d All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Memory

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the specs for the processor your PC has, the processor only runs the memory at 1333 MHz, so cleaning the PC did not cause the memory to run slower.  It has always run at 1333 MHz.

AMD E-Series E1-2500 Notebook Processor - NotebookCheck.net Tech

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

I am just referring to HP specs that my computer is running DDR3 1600. pls find attached screenshot.

Do you think cmos battery i replaced is the culprit?

Screenshot_20210612-134130.jpg

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I posted yesterday, the DDR3-1600 memory runs at 1333 MHz because that is the fastest speed your notebook can run the memory at.

This is taken right from your PC's specs page...There is nothing wrong with your PC.

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 20-f214d All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

Memory

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.