Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Slimline Series

I have a Windows 7, HP Pavillion Slimline Series, Intel Premium Processor G630 with 4 GB of DDR3 System Memory.  I'd like to add more memory.  How many memory slots are on the motherboard? Is there a limit on how much RAM memory per slot? Is there a maximum RAM memory on this model?  Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Use this guide to find that information.  Please do not post the serial number.

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. 

The full name is Pavilion Slimline s5-1204 PC

HP Recommended

The full Product No. is QW793AA#ABA

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion Slimline s5-1204 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

According to the specs, there are two memory slots and each slot can take a max of a 4 GB memory module.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul!  Any recommendations on what memory to order?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would get the compatible Crucial memory.

Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | hp - compaq | pavilion slimline s5 | Pavilion Slimline s5-1204 | Crucial...

I noticed that the Crucial memory report indicates you can install 2 x 8 GB of memory which differs from what HP indicates.

I googled the issue and there are folks that indicate that 2 x 8 GB of memory is supported in PC's with the H61 chipset.

How many GB of RAM support is available in the Intel H61 motherboard? - Quora

H61M-K | Motherboards | ASUS Global

System Memory for the Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW

So now I don't know what to tell you...go for the sure bet, and buy one of the 4 GB memory chips, or take a gamble on one of the 8 GB memory chips.

If it works you can buy the second one and max it out to 16 GB.

I'll leave that decision up to you.

HP Recommended

Also, does it come standard with 2GB in the two slots or a single 4GB stick?  Thanks!!

HP Recommended

According to the parts list it comes with a single 4 GB memory module, so there should be one empty memory slot.

HP PartSurfer

HP Recommended

Thank you again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.