Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop GT12-1000nq PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just bought my system and in the product page says the RAM is upgradable. So I bought HyperX Fury RGB 16GB (2x8GB), DD4, 3200Mhz, CL16, 1.35V. But it only runs at 2400Mhz.

What can I do to change that?

Have a nice day!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

There is nothing to do. Your RAM will get serviced on the highest speed possible. 

The lowest of the slot speed or the lowest speed of all the Memory modules you install will define the max speed of your configuration. Within the same model of RAM.

Best optimum though when all modules have the same specifications.

You could've bought like 2600 Mhz and have the same result.

Yours is running okay and both Modules you placed are the same.

So you're good. Up to your next project.

When I'm here I have a problem
HP Recommended

I discovered there are probably XMP profiles in the BIOS of your PC to adjust to the speed of your RAM modules.

Sorry for my easy answer that counts only  if the BIOS adjusts to the this new hardware on booting up.

I can refer to this in A/m/a/z/on. If it's accepted here!? I will do so in my next reply in case not.

So go to your memory sale (    HyperX Fury 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 CL16 DIMM (Kit of 2) 1Rx8  RGB XMP Desktop Memory HX432C16FB3AK2/16    )

and in the 5 stars default top reviews, search (Ctrl F) for Raithscar the user who posted about this tweak.

It's the second one till now. 

Or, not so obvious, if you don't have the BIOS options on your machine read the review from HardwareSense at the top till now.

Default speed of the set is 2400Mhz indeed.

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Go here for Raithscar's settings in the BIOS of your machine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2DQ0UCUIMX07M/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07W...

Go here for HardwareSense's option for when you have no settings in the BIOS.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R26GEKBH2R6IUK/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07WF9...

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the messages.

Yes the memory is XMP, the current RAM in the system is also HyperX Fury 2x8GB XMP an running at 3200 MHz.

The BIOS is locked in simple mode, I can't change anything. (Current BIOS F.02)

I've already tried installing Intel XTU but this system is AMD Ryzen based and won't install. Also tried AMD Ryzen Master Utility, but at the moment it won't open, saying that the CPU isn't supported (AMD Ryzen 5 5600G). Already contacted AMD and waiting on a response.

I've tried with Omen Gaming Hub to set RAM to 3200Mhz, but still doesn't work.

Hoping HP has a BIOS revision that fixes this issue or a trick or something. 

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

I was interested in overclocking so I found this guy on YouTube.

He found a way to have a hold over RAM for the Omen PC's.

Don't skip my advice to read the answers on comments.

He finally refers to an other channel on YouTube to have a more sleek tutorial on the same issue.

And to understand the principles. 

He says it's not possible to overclock the Omen PC when it's equipped with an Intel CPU.

So for now your option to make a change is this and read comments and ask questions there.

https://youtu.be/5d0xWNXHFlI

There's always a way to find a way to find a way ... 😛

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.