Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion Elite D5200t ATX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know if the motherboard can accept the newer larger DDR2 memory modules. Was looking to get one 32GB stick

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Dudewalker 

Well, it is a 11 years old machine and it supports 8GB (2 x 4GB) of RAM max

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c01640562

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

No unfortunately each slot can take a max of 2gb totaling to 8gb max. You can find 1333mhz 2gb ram cards. 8GB is enough for now. I use to have 8GB for the last 4 years with no problems.  If you already have 8, and youre not happy,  you are going to have to buy a new computer....or buy a new mobo, new SSD, new CPU, and new RAM that matches the mobo. Its a pain in the @ss if youre new to pc building. Im intermediate and Its still a struggle to find which mobo I want. Then Im like oh wait i want the new 10th gen, then oh wait what mobo can that work with, oh wait what about the ram I want ones that light up and go up to 4000mhz+, then oh wait what about the case!!!! Oh wait what about the video card??!!! Will 500 watts be enough? Oh wait the new nvidia cards need 850 watts? 

See what I mean?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.