Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am in the same predicament.  I have the TE01-1022 on the way and may just return it because of this.

I already have a GeForce GTX1060 6GB I wanted to reuse and I missed that this system had such a small
PSU.

edited to correct model number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here you goGeneral LayoutGeneral LayoutDVD Cage/ 2nd Drive Carrier removedDVD Cage/ 2nd Drive Carrier removedSata Data Connectors, Power is from the MotherboardSata Data Connectors, Power is from the MotherboardMotherboard LabelMotherboard Label2020-08-31 14.02.54.jpgSpace for a larger MotherboardSpace for a larger Motherboard2nd Hard Drive Connection, will need Power cable2nd Hard Drive Connection, will need Power cable

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@rfurborough,

I am unaware of the HP TP01-1022 unit. Please verify model number.

I separated your inquiry. You can install an HP proprietary PSU. See spreadsheet.

MSFS2020 requires more than a GPU card and PSU. The CPU and motherboard RAM are another factor.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi Wb2001

here is the spec https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06702075

HP Recommended

@rfurborough 

The same page links:

Dual channel memory architecture (One DIMM per channel)
Two DDR4 SODIMM (288-pin) sockets
Supports up to PC4-23400 (DDR4-2933)
Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit systems

BTW<> no one has posted pictures. I have been BEGGING  see this:
I do not know anything on your180 W PSU wiring or model #.

About MSFS2020:
You have the superior CPU, but read on:

If you have the recommended CPU:

Ryzen 5 1500X / Intel i5-8400, and 16GB motherboard RAM,  GTX 1060 4 GB Video RAM

If you want the better CPU:

Ryzen 7 Pro 2700X / Intel i7-9800X and 32GB motherboard RAM,  8GB Video RAM  RTX 2080

The RTX 2080 is 250W at $950 (10.8" card)   slightly lower is Zotac GTX 1080  is 180W at $859 (8.3") .

Best style MSFS joysticks are running $240-280

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank You for following up on this.

I really have no interest in MSFS, I will be running Blue Iris which is maxing out the processors in my Xeon based system.

these are the system requirements

Min. Requirements
Pentium dual-core or equivalent 2GHz processor or better
2GB or more system RAM
Microsoft Windows 7 or newer OS (equivalent server OS as well)
One or more USB or Network IP cameras, or an analog capture card with DirectShow drivers
Recommended Specs
Intel core i7 with QuickSync for hardware decoding
8GB or more RAM
Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit
nVIDIA graphics adaptor for efficient screen display
7200+ RPM drives and/or SSD drive

I will be OK  in general, but as I already have a nVIDIA graphics card, I would like to use it in my system.
I see in the PSU equivalent spreadsheet there is now a TE01 system using the Baker motherboard that lists the L69242-800 400watt PSU as a possible solution, as long as it has the connections for the GTX1060.

Thanks

Edited to correct model series...
HP Recommended

@rfurborough,

That was the reason I did the update to include that Baker model. Accounting to the OP, it has a 6+2 plug.

I have another OP that has promised some pictures.  That spreadsheet started months ago, and is evolving.  The more data on the Baker I can get will help the forum. HP is not forthwith to help with information on the Baker, Erica or Erica2 or Milton boards.  Really has created a problem assisting owners of these boards.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Here are pictures of my TE01-1022 with Baker motherboard

Rear PanelRear PanelFront Panel ConnectorsFront Panel ConnectorsInterior Over-ViewInterior Over-ViewSata & Drive Power ConnectionsSata & Drive Power ConnectionsExpansion Slots - Lower LeftExpansion Slots - Lower LeftPower Connector - Upper LeftPower Connector - Upper LeftPower Connector - Lower RightPower Connector - Lower Right

HP Recommended

I received my TE01-1022 today and I have it setup with Blue Iris security software.

I am pretty impressed and I don't think I need to look at upgrading anything at this time.  In fact I may just buy another to replace the computer for my weather station.

I have 2 x Dell Precision T5400 Towers with Dual Xeon E5450 3GHz processors, 32GB RAM and a GTX1060 6GB GPU

Running Blue Iris on one of these, the processor would run at 70% to 80% but max out if I needed to use the computer for anything else, making it totally unuseable.

The TE01-1022 single i7-10700 averages about 9% and multi-tasks without effort.

only complaint I have is that the supplied mouse is crap.

HP Recommended

@rfurborough,

Excellent pics, now I have some wiring questions:  Please correct as needed.

1)  SATA data, I think I see 3 headers, Dark Blue 0,  Light Blue 1, and White 2  

Can you get a side shot on the label names

2) The SATA power (Black) is it 4 pins, and how many power plugs. Does the cable has a number?

3) The white 4 pin header next to the SATA Power is marked as PWR 1... Where does it go?

This is a new item, never see in other chassis.  Maybe the Baker boards are more unique and will have to get separate spreadsheet.

4) The 3rd pic of the entire board area, can you back off to over the entire case?

If you can answer these, I will post it to the knowledge base as a new article. I am trying to build up a picture gallery.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Here you goGeneral LayoutGeneral LayoutDVD Cage/ 2nd Drive Carrier removedDVD Cage/ 2nd Drive Carrier removedSata Data Connectors, Power is from the MotherboardSata Data Connectors, Power is from the MotherboardMotherboard LabelMotherboard Label2020-08-31 14.02.54.jpgSpace for a larger MotherboardSpace for a larger Motherboard2nd Hard Drive Connection, will need Power cable2nd Hard Drive Connection, will need Power cable

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.