Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm not sure why this says the solution is solved when it's not.  When will there be a Vbios update for the 3080 & 3090 in the HP OMEN 30L so that we can have Resizable BAR support?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I think a lot of us already swapped out motherboards and other stuff. HP was a good way to get a few critical components and move them to a better build. The 3080 prebuild with locked bios and a single cooling fan is junk, but I parlayed my HP pc into a 10700k/3080 custom build for $1600. That's all to say that my motherboard supports resizable bar and already has it enabled. Now we need HP to release a vBios. Truth be told, HP's gaming pc's are poorly made. I wouldn't touch HP if it weren't for the fact that this was the only way to get a 3080 at msrp. 

HP Recommended

Those steps are already done, I'm just waiting on the Vbios from HP to update the card and it's unfortunate that it's not already out as most manufacturers released it yesterday.

HP Recommended

That's what I'm saying. I have doubts HP cares. It may be possible to flash something from here:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/?model=RTX+3080

I don't have the guts to try. Here's the HP one for reference:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/228458/hp-rtx3080-10240-200924

There are a number that appear to have the same specs as the HP, but I don't know enough about vBios to try anything.

HP Recommended

It's about flashing a vbios that has resizable bar enabled and I'm not even sure who makes the 3080 from HP OMEN 30L machines.  I thought it was either PNY or Galaxy but I've been unable to directly confirm.

HP Recommended

I agree. You can try to flash another brand, but I have no idea who makes the HP 3080. HWSense says it's Foxconn, and I did take mine apart and see a stamp on it, but that's like saying Foxconn produces the iPhone. Ok sure, but they make many other phones too.

There are some vBios on the website I linked that appear to have identical specs. That said, they could be withholding other specs that make a particular 3080 unique, so you could flash something that appears to have the same clock settings and wattage settings and still brick your GPU, or it could also potentially work perfectly. I personally don't know enough to say one way or the other. If you want to try your luck with your 3080, find a comparable vBios and flash it.

Personally, I'd prefer someone smarter than me weigh in on this, try it themself, and if not that, then we need HP to release a vBios update. Do you have faith HP will do that?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.