Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p018nt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have been trying to solve slow downs on computer when I use visual studio.

CPU always peaks to %100 which causes quite slow down and causes quite hassle for me.

When I checked the internet I saw that "AMD A12-9800 RADEON R7" (the one i got on hp machine) got very low score as CPU. My experience confirms that.

What I have been thinking is to replace cpu to solve this problem.

What I found best price / value is "AMD Ryzen 5 2600" which is also AM4 and I hope it would work without any problem on HP Willow2 motherboard.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/Rating/3955

My question is that before I buy Ryzen 5, I want to make sure it would work without any problem.

I would appreciate if any one with more knowledge on the topic can confirm.

Thanks and best regards,

Efe

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

HP has not validated any Ryzen processors on this motherboard.

You would probably need a HP BIOS update to add Ryzen support.

The latest BIOS update for your PC (Link) does not show additional CPU support in the "Fixes" section.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Thank you for your answer.

Do you know where I can find the list of current known supported CPU? 

Best ragards

HP Recommended

Hi Efei,

You're very welcome.

Sure, check this HP Support document (Link).

Look in Processor upgrade information.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz,

Wow, I saw that page while googling and I was hoping for more support. With the cpu I have it is the latest as is. Which is very bad for me.

I hope somebody from hp support can tell me if there might be possibility of Ryzen cpu or any better one to be able to get this machine better performance.

Grzwacz, thanks a lot for you respons and your time.

Best regards,

Efe

HP Recommended

Hi Efei,

You're very welcome.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.