Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I finally decided to plug the Display to DVI-D cable in yesterday.  After I turned my PC back on, the monitor stayed black longer than normal and then the screen turned a solid very bright opaque white with a pinkish tint and stayed that way. Weird,

I unplugged it.   I didn't buy the Amazon cable that you suggested, which I now regret.  I bought what I thought was the same thing on eBay for less money and free shipping.  Perhaps it wasn't quite the same thing, as  when it arrived, the package  only showed it being used between two monitors and between a monitor and tv with HDMI port.  I tried, just for the heck of it, to plug it into my small flat screen.  The Display port end "looks" like it could be an HDMI plug,but it was too big for the HDMI port on the TV,  

I have written to the seller of the cable 3 times, with no response.

Oh well, my computer is still working in the way I use it the most and I still have one more thing to try when I decide I can break away from watching videos that day.  😉

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

Hi:

Sorry that didn't work.

It sounds like you got the right thing. 

The display port end looks very much like a HDMI end, but it has a tab on the end of the cable that locks the thing into place.  To release the cable from the display port, you have to press down firmly on that latch/tab to and pull on the cable to release the cable from the display port.

A HDMI cable will not have that latch mechanism.

HP Recommended

Yes!  The display end of the cable had a release latch on it, but obviously I didn't have to use it when I took the plug out because I forgot and just pulled.

Is it possible that there was a defect in the cord?  It looked new.I ask because I get suspicious of sellers who, most likely are selling cables like hot cakes, won't answer my questions, but still write a note on their invoice saying not to hesitate to ask them any question "because they are there to help" just before also asking  for good feedback.

I'm sending it back for a refund if I don't hear from them today.

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

It's possible.

It's also possible that you didn't plug the cable in all the way because that thing definitely locks in and you can't remove it unless you firmly push down on that tab thingie.

HP Recommended

Oops!  I sent it back already.  I am sure you are right.  I did not have to push on the locking hinge thing so obviously I didn't have the cable plugged in all the way,   I wonder why I didn't read that last message you sent, or if I did, it just didn't "compute" at the time.  I have those "Senior Moments"  a little too often these days,.  😉

Thank you, Paul!

Taylor

Open mind Pure intent
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.