Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion desktop 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion desktop 570 and would like to replace the HDD with a SSD. What’s my options? What other specifications do I need to list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that is what was needed.  Now as @Prométhée  indicated, that PC does have a M.2 slot, which means you can replace the existing hard drive with a SSD2.5" SATA SSD, or you can add a M.2 SSD (which is a card style SSD).  If you choose to add the M.2 slot drive, it will be much faster than the 2.5" SSD and you will still have the hard drive for extra storage.  So either way, both are faster than the existing drive.

Either choice you will need to either reinstall Windows or clone the existing drive to the new one.  The existing drive is 1TB.

2.5" SATA 1TB drive will be as low as $85.00

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078211KBB/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=17b26abedf233ccd...

Or the M.2  drive slot will be slightly more.

If you are not sure as to which is best/better, visit Crucial.com

https://www.crucial.com/

And select "Start your scan"  Any upgrades suggested by their site is  Find a 100% compatible storage upgrade

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Without the rest of the model number, it is hard to be specific but on a general suggestion, most any 2.5" SSD with SATA connections can replace the hard drive, especially in a desktop.  About all you need extra is an adapter to mount the 2.5" drive in the 3.5" drive bay.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi The Old Man, thanks for the quick response 😊

I have a ‘p013na’ after the Pavilion 570, does that help? I also have Product No.

HP Recommended

hi

HP Pavilion 570-p013na Desktop PC Product Specifications

check if it is correct, @Alber55  and wait for the return of @TheOldMan 

it looks like you have a m2 ssd slot

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, that is what was needed.  Now as @Prométhée  indicated, that PC does have a M.2 slot, which means you can replace the existing hard drive with a SSD2.5" SATA SSD, or you can add a M.2 SSD (which is a card style SSD).  If you choose to add the M.2 slot drive, it will be much faster than the 2.5" SSD and you will still have the hard drive for extra storage.  So either way, both are faster than the existing drive.

Either choice you will need to either reinstall Windows or clone the existing drive to the new one.  The existing drive is 1TB.

2.5" SATA 1TB drive will be as low as $85.00

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078211KBB/ref=redir_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&aaxitk=17b26abedf233ccd...

Or the M.2  drive slot will be slightly more.

If you are not sure as to which is best/better, visit Crucial.com

https://www.crucial.com/

And select "Start your scan"  Any upgrades suggested by their site is  Find a 100% compatible storage upgrade

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Promethe and TheOldMan,

Thanks for the responses. I’ll get a look at the options this week and see what’s available here in UK 😀.  Thanks again 👏

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.