Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-0672no
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi. Is there an option to enable Resizable BAR setting in the Bios or does enabling this setting require a new bios from HP?

5500.gif

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

is your graphics card, motherboard etc  compatible?

https://www.amd.com/fr/technologies/smart-access-memory#Configuration-syst%C3%A8me

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanx for your reply - support for Resizable BAR or Smart Access Memory (SAM) as AMD calls it was added for RX 5500 in 

the Adrenalin 21.9.1 driver update from september 2021.

Here are my other specs - motherboard and cpu is supported according to amd (Ryzen 3000 series and 500 series chipset.

I guess its up to HP to release an bios update or is it another way to enable it - ryzen master maybe?
HP Recommended

Sorry, I only read the few threads about this.
I understood that this is not possible with all models, all configurations
A while back there was an issue like this with Nvidia, and it took a bit of time before it took effect:

Solved: Re: Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - HP Support Community - 8093897

Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - Page 2 - HP Support Community - 8066294

Impossible if not yet the case, to ensure if it will be done, and in how long
Well after that it's just a quick overview, that I saw, I don't know if it's justified or not, but it is sometimes said, that the interest is less, for many games!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/37874510/model/3832322...

• HP name: Erica
  • SSID: 8643

Last one here :

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8643)

F.41 Rev.A13.2 MBSep 19, 2021Downlo

- Fixes issue where OMEN Software and Service and Virtual Gamepad Emulation driver is hidden in Device Manager after flashing Windows 11 BIOS on 20H2 system

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/...

check, but indeed, I did not see anything particular here

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. My Erica 8643 bios is F.42 so the one you linked to is older. It seems that nvidia rebar support had to be enabled by a bios update on the grapichs card to get it to work. HW info just says that rebar is disabled - I would imagine if the motherboard did not support it it would just say "not supported" but I could be wrong. 

Is there anyone that has rebar enabled with a erica 8643 motherboard and RX 5000/6000 series I would love to know  about it , let me know.

image_2022-07-20_020533692.png

Old biosOld bios

Drop your media files here

Your content was last auto-saved at 01:41 AM

Email me when someone replies

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:

tenor.gif
Prométhée
Level 16
10,402 1,060 3,510

Flag Post

‎06-20-2022 06:10 PM

Sorry, I only read the few threads about this.
I understood that this is not possible with all models, all configurations
A while back there was an issue like this with Nvidia, and it took a bit of time before it took effect:

Solved: Re: Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - HP Support Community - 8093897

Cant install vbios rtx 3080 - Page 2 - HP Support Community - 8066294

Impossible if not yet the case, to ensure if it will be done, and in how long
Well after that it's just a quick overview, that I saw, I don't know if it's justified or not, but it is sometimes said, that the interest is less, for many games!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/37874510/model/3832322...

• HP name: Erica
  • SSID: 8643

Last one here :

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 8643)

F.41 Rev.A13.2 MBSep 19, 2021Downlo

- Fixes issue where OMEN Software and Service and Virtual Gamepad Emulation driver is hidden in Device Manager after flashing Windows 11 BIOS on 20H2 system

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-tg01-0000a/...

check, but indeed, I did not see anything particular here

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 

Attention
A bios update is not without risk!
Be aware that if you are offered to do so, it will be at your own risk, the computer may become unusable, think about it
Desktop-Knowledge-Base

Communities_10YearBadge.jpg
accept solution.gif

• English