Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ordered a custom Omen obelisk pc. When I got it in the mail was the best day it ever worked. Shortly 3 weeks after with next to no use the SSD shorted and support assisted me to fix with a new one they sent in exchange for the old. No problems at all with this service. Yet, a short 2 months later the 1 TB HDD does the same... I buy a 3TB seagate and install. Well after a while of not being able to play due to home renovations because of water damage that went unknown, it wouldn't provide signal to anything I connect to yet light up as to power up. I sent in for warranty at this point. I received my pc yesterday and I was devastated to learn my HDD and my SSD were completely gone and the PC is in the same situation and without my parts. What do I do now?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

This forum cannot help. Contact the HP Service Center doing the repair.

You should have a contact point within you documentation received from the service center.

I will refer your issue for help but no guarantees.

Regards

HP Recommended

Sadly I used it and they have yet to call me back after our extensive conversation for an hour or so. They said that it would have to be handled up the ladder and that I would be contacted within 24 hours but they haven't. So I have resorted to other things in hopes to find a solution. Thank you for the support.

HP Recommended

@zTipsy 

So you admit it had water damage, but you believe HP owes you?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Negative Nancy no one said anything about water damage. It hasn't been hurt at all in my care. Faulty parts were put in my pc and then sent to me. Then when I returned to get parts replaced and pc fixed they seemed to send it back toe without internal parts or fixing it.

HP Recommended

Hi@zTipsy,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.