Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

What a coincidence.  My home built unit has an MSI B450 MB in it and it is rock solid. Very good motherboards. And MSI support is very good as well. I actually have an MSI MB and an MSI monitor. Very happy with both. I think you will be more than pleased with the MSI MB and it is compatible with the Ryzen CPUs right up to and including the new 4000 series (with a BIOS upgrade from MSI). As it comes out of the box you can go up to a Ryzen 3000 series without needing a BIOS upgrade.

HP Recommended

That's good to hear👍🏽. Ive heard that when swapping out the mobo on these you sometimes lose an usb port or 2 on the front of the case because HP wires them weird.  Guess I'll find out😏. Thanks for the help, I'll know how it goes Friday night so I'll post the result

HP Recommended

I definitely will, this one is an AMD chipset so should all work, other than a usb port or headphones jack on the front (which I don't use anyway).  I'll post how it all works out on Friday when it's done.  And thanks for the help👍🏽

HP Recommended

Always glad to help out!

HP Recommended

Hey guys ,just a follow-up on what happened.  I ended up getting the game gigabyte b450 motherboard instead, and either board was going to leave the front usb ports useless.  So my guy, since he does a lot of HP work, offered to buy all the old parts and sell me a new case as well lol.  Did a 1 for 1 swap on the DVD rw and gave me the case for $20.  So I basically have an entirely new PC now, because I already changed the psu and video card, now the mobo and CPU and case as well, the only HP part left is the HDD (which I'm getting a SSD soon too).  Didn't expect to completely rebuild it but that's what happened this week haha.  But thanks again guys for the help, it's information I'll likely use in the future, and knowledge is power😊👍🏽

HP Recommended

Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.