Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - 260-a115nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

is it possible to update to SATA SSD the HP Desktop - 260-a115nl ? I've tried all the way but when I connect the SSD the PC stop working.

Thank you for any information you could give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@RedFlow

Is the SSD getting detected in the BIOS? If no, then your computer doesn't support SSD.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RedFlow

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can upgrade the hard drive to an SSD on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Yes, you should be able to install a SATA SSD on the computer. However, a SATA SSD is not tested by HP on your computer.

Is the SSD getting detected in the BIOS? Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-slimline-260-a100-desktop-pc-series/12079697/mod...

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

I've updated the BIOS and tried to see if the SSD is detected but without success.

Those are my PC specs:

unnamed.png

I've chatted with HP Support that confirms that SSDs are not compatible with my PC.

Crucial sells it's SSD confirming that is possible to install on my HP.

I'm really confused.

Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

@RedFlow

As informed earlier HP has not tested an SSD on the computer. However, you can go ahead and give it shot at your own risk.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I would like to try but If I simply connect the SSD instead of HD the PC stops before starting.

What should I do to 'reset' the storage area of the BIOS to let it try to use the SSD?

Thank you

HP Recommended

@RedFlow

Is the SSD getting detected in the BIOS? If no, then your computer doesn't support SSD.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, I've no chance.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

Happy holidays

HP Recommended

@RedFlow

You're welcome!

Take Care!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.