cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
cnfcomps
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SSD Compatibility with HP Slimline desktop PCs

HP Recommended
SLIMLINE 260-P129NA (1EU61EA#ABU)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As some other users have experienced, there is a problem with certain HP desktop models recognising SSDs, especially following BIOS updates.

I had this problem when trying to install an SSD upgrade for a customer with a SLIMLINE 260-P129NA (1EU61EA#ABU). The display would hang on the HP boot screen with no further activity possible. I tried Samsung and Crucial SSDs with the same result, but had success with a Kingston A400 SSD. The computer has the latest BIOS installed.

2 REPLIES 2
old_geekster
Level 16
Level 16
25,585 9,228 2,958 11,320
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for this information, @cnfcomps!  I am certain that it will help others who have the same problem.  This is strange to me because I have always recommended Samsung and Crucial SSD's without any reports of problems.  They appeared to work best with HP BIOS'es/UEFI.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
cnfcomps
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Samsung and Crucial are my favourite choices as well, but in this particular case neither would work. This isn't a unique situation because there are several other threads on the forum about the exact same problem such as the one here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-blocking-SSD-upgrades-with-newer-systems-an...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation