Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
SSD Internal Hard Drive Compatibility with my computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello community.

I would like to know if "Samsung 870 QVO MZ-77Q1T0BW | Disque SSD Interne 1 To, SATA III, 2,5"  is compatible with "HP Z240 Small Form Factor Workstation" or not? Because I want to purchase the SSD hard drive but I don't know if it will be compatible with my computer.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Chariouib -- 99% of the time, any SSD (including that 1.0 Terabyte SSD) will be compatible with any motherboard.

If your current disk-drive is a "desktop" disk-drive (3.5 inches wide), the new SSD will only be 2.0 inches wide.

So, you will need an adapter "tray" -- the SSD is mounted in the tray, and the tray is mounted into the 3.5-inch wide drive-bay. This tray is under $5 -- it is just a piece of metal (or plastic).

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname thank you so much for the answer. It will help me so much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.