5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

SSD Internal Hard Drive Compatibility with my computer

HP Recommended
SSD Internal Hard Drive Compatibility with my computer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello community.

I would like to know if "Samsung 870 QVO MZ-77Q1T0BW | Disque SSD Interne 1 To, SATA III, 2,5"  is compatible with "HP Z240 Small Form Factor Workstation" or not? Because I want to purchase the SSD hard drive but I don't know if it will be compatible with my computer.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 8
1,988 1,975 74 208
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Chariouib -- 99% of the time, any SSD (including that 1.0 Terabyte SSD) will be compatible with any motherboard.

If your current disk-drive is a "desktop" disk-drive (3.5 inches wide), the new SSD will only be 2.0 inches wide.

So, you will need an adapter "tray" -- the SSD is mounted in the tray, and the tray is mounted into the 3.5-inch wide drive-bay. This tray is under $5 -- it is just a piece of metal (or plastic).

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Chariouib
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Itsmyname thank you so much for the answer. It will help me so much.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation