Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I upgrade my HP Compaq Elite 8200 SFF PC to SSD hard drive?what capacity and speed to chooses from ?SATA2 or SATA3?and will I expects full speed transfer from the installed SSD?will the motherboard support the SSD transfer speed?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you get the full sata 6.0 GBPS transfer speed in sata port 0 (boot drive), and port 1.

Ports 2 and 3 are SATA II.  Either of those is normally where you plug the DVD drive into.

You will need a 3.5" to 2.5" hard drive caddy for the drive to fit where your current HDD is now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can install a SATA III SSD in your 8200 Elite SFF, and it will work at the full SATA III speed.

I put a Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB in my 8200 Elite CMT.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-240GB-SDSSDA-240G-G26-Newest-Version/dp/B01F9G43WU

You can select a storage capacity size that works with your budget.

Mine cost around $70 USD on sale.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you, will I get the full speed of 6 Gb/s transfer?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you get the full sata 6.0 GBPS transfer speed in sata port 0 (boot drive), and port 1.

Ports 2 and 3 are SATA II.  Either of those is normally where you plug the DVD drive into.

You will need a 3.5" to 2.5" hard drive caddy for the drive to fit where your current HDD is now.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.