Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z620
Linux

Hi,

my disk came into read-only mode (in ubuntu linux), on HP Z620. I restarted and ran diagnostic test from UEFI-pendrive with appropriate software. SMART test passed but Sort DST test shoved following error code

0TX0HT-000A6R-X87R6J-60U703

PRODUCT ID: WM597EA#ARL

I've read that in majority of cases it means that disk is irreversibly corrupted, but I'd like to know what this code means.

I have weak feeling that something (hardware) is corrupting the disks mounted in the first bay. Is it possible, that bad SATA cable is causing such problems?

Best Wishes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reports for hard drives are generally useless.   

A good deal of the code is used to generate your PC's serial number.

99% of the time you get one of those codes you have to replace the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Here is a print of the code translation for your PC, minus the serial number...

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
0TX0HT-000A6R-X87R6J-60U703OKXXXXXXXXXX8/4/20303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The error code reports for hard drives are generally useless.   

A good deal of the code is used to generate your PC's serial number.

99% of the time you get one of those codes you have to replace the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Here is a print of the code translation for your PC, minus the serial number...

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
0TX0HT-000A6R-X87R6J-60U703OKXXXXXXXXXX8/4/20303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure
HP Recommended

Hello
the hard drive is defective

Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure
It can continue to operate for a certain time, but it can definitively break down, if it is not already the case!
If possible, save personal data
Try a full reinstall
Be careful even if it works, it may permanently break down, save the data regularly.
This may allow you to use the computer while you find a hard drive!

You can try to help yourself with this tutorial (sorry not fully translated)

que faire en cas d' erreur / échec dst du disque dur - HP Support Community - 7338574

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z620-workstation/5225037/model/5225039

HP Z220 SFF, Z220 CMT, Z420, Z620, and Z820 Workstations Maintenance and Service Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks,

I forgot to mention, that my grub boot loader shows following information "error attempt to read or write outside of disk hd0".

It is surely another indication, that disk is malfunctioning.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, I believe you will be fine if you install a new, or known to be good drive.

HP Recommended

As of the second part of my question, any hints if other hardware: mainboard, connecting cord, ... could corrupt disk?

HP Recommended

Highly unlikely.

It is not a matter of if a hard drive will fail, it's a matter of when.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.