Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-114 Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been doing a bit of photo editing and want to have the PC working as efficiently as possible.  So,  I went to the HP Support Assistant and followed a path that allowed for downloading stuff like BIOS and various drivers.  There were many choices within the chart and I would like to know

1.  How does one know what to choose from several choices (https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/852...) as I assume the choices are specific to my computer?

2.  As my PC seems to be working fine, but there do seem to be updates to the BIOS and other things, is it really advisable to update, or to just leave things well enough alone?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
A very good friend, said, as long as it works, we don't touch anything!
I am rather of this opinion!
Mainly for the bios, it can sometimes bring some fixes, improvements, but a very big risk that it will go wrong, and in this case it is very complicated to go back, sometimes even impossible, the computer is unusable. .
You have asked it seems to me in another post if possible to add a graphics card, if this is done, download the drivers from the manufacturer, directly, or from the nvidia or amd sites!
You have an intel chip here so this would be the last driver available, depending on the windows version

for example :

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver (Windows 10 v1803)

20.19.15.5058 Rev.A204.3 MBOct 4, 2018Download

Bios you have :

• Manufacturer name: Pegatron
  • HP/Compaq name: Odense
  • SSID: 2B47

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B47)

A0.20 Rev.A15.2 MBMar 4, 2018Download
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I also had heard that if there is no real problem, leave the BiOS alone.  I'm on Windows 10.0.19041Home using BIOS ver AMI AO.12 (2015), Baseboard Product 2B47, I assume that if I wee to dl, you are recommending the "HP consumer desktop...." 

My graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 530, and i assume that you are commending "Intel high definition (HD)..." Given my specs, do you still recommend?  Also, do you have the same trepidation about updating this driver as you do with BIOS?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I do not know if I understood well But if you have the SSID, it is actually the version of the bios available

Yes you can test this version, although it may not be a big deal

just : Provides the initial Intel graphics driver. 

And for device drivers, you have much less risk than a bios update!
In the event of a problem, it is easier to repair

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.