Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Slate 21-K100
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

So far we have done everthing that was suggested. No luck. Key Borad is not working. Do you have any more Suggestions?

Model# Slate 21-k100

Product # E2P19A

We have not used this device in over a year becuse it was useless and a waste of money. Now we are trying to find a use for it and now the keyboard has stopped working on it. 

We are quickly on the way out for HP.

Our Past Experience with HP ended with us buying another manufacture. (computers and printers)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mufflerbearing

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I understand it was for slate7 as the steps are universal when it comes to tablets,

And since you've done the steps and yet the issue persists, you will need to contact HP and setup a repair/replacement order,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@mufflerbearing

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the slate 21 K100 Key Board not working,

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The link you sent me is to a Slate 7 issue.  I tryied that and the Key board is still not working.

Next option please.

Thank you

HP Recommended

@mufflerbearing

I understand it was for slate7 as the steps are universal when it comes to tablets,

And since you've done the steps and yet the issue persists, you will need to contact HP and setup a repair/replacement order,

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

Mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not used this HP in over a year because it was not working right. Now I want to fix it and this is what I get.  Sorry HP.

This is HP's Response.

"Your product's warranty expired on February 17, 2015." meaning they will charge me for a phone call.

Lets take a look at this. I'm 41 years old and have had many computers since 1994. I have not ever had a keyboard stop working!!  A key here and there but never the whole keyboard. Great Quality HP. 

I'm done.  Thank you 

Ivan

HP Recommended

@mufflerbearing

I understand your product is out of warranty, but that doesn't mean there would be a charge to call, it's usually a Toll-Free number,

I would request you give them a call, talk to them about your concerns and they should be able to help.

If you've done your part and you still aren't satisfied with the results, get back to me and I'll see what else I can pull out of my hat 😉

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.