Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All in One

Last year I went to the Good Guys and after a long chat with the guys, I was recommended, and purchased, a HP All in One desktop for my mum and dad.  Now they only use it for solitaire, email and a little browsing so I was told that this computer would be perfect and they wouldn't need anything bigger.  Well....... I hate to say it, but it is crap!! It runs sooooo slowly that we thought it had a virus so we took it in for a diagnostic check and there is nothing wrong, it's just basically an awful computer.  Now the concierge service wouldn't help me (because there isn't a fault as such) and the Good Guys wouldn't help me (we don't take change of mind sorry - it's not.... it doesn't do what we bought it to do), so I am hoping that HP will help me please.  It takes 10 minutes to turn on and about 3-5 mins to launch an application and then up to a minute to perform a function.  Now both my parents are pensioners and this was a big outlay for them.  They can't afford the recommended upgrades needed just to have a computer that runs at an acceptable speed.  If I had known how slow this computer was, I wouldn't have bought it. They would have spent just a little extra to get a better computer.... now everyone is saying it's going to cost more!  I couldn't find a complaints department to speak to so I thought that this was the best place to start.  I really hope HP can help out and either let us return the computer and get a refund so that we can buy one that actually works, or they will upgrade the computer at no charge so that it performs properly.  Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.  Regards Sarah.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI Sarah,

Can you share the actual model with me? Even if it's the base model All-in-One it shouldn't take that long to do anything. From my experience, it could be one of the following:

1. Faulty HDD

2. An Intel ME firmware update from HP that can make the unit run super slow.

If you call HP on 1300 721 147 and argue that it's never run properly since new, and you suspect there might be a hardware issue. Even if the UEFI diagnostics pass, there still could be a fault. Advise that you either want an on-site technician to your parents house, or if you want to take it back to Good Guys the tech can look at it there and replace any parts under warranty.

What city are you in?

Thanks, Michael.

HP Recommended

Hi Michael,

My apologies for the delay and thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly.

My mum is in Redland Bay, Qld.

The model is W2U93AA  - 24" AMD A6 4GB 1TB AIO

I haven't had a chance to call HP yet, but I will endeavour to do that in the next couple of days and let you know how I go. 

Thanks, Sarah

HP Recommended

Hi Sarah,

check your messages on this website. I’ll send you a PM.

cheers, Michael.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.