Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 700-021eo.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15-in-one smart card reader worked fine under WIN 8.1 but after upgrade to Win10 It does not work or show up In device list. I have looked for drivers but do not know if it's a HP or Realtek unit or whatever. Any suggestions?

Regards,

Eyvind

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Eyka,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are having an issue with the smart card reader, and wanted to assist you!  I see that this issue started after upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating System.

It seems that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your product on the HP site.  It would seem that Windows 10 drivers may be pushed through the Windows Update.  You can also try checking this site as well: 

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Eyka,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are having an issue with the smart card reader, and wanted to assist you!  I see that this issue started after upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating System.

It seems that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for your product on the HP site.  It would seem that Windows 10 drivers may be pushed through the Windows Update.  You can also try checking this site as well: 

HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: 

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter

It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

My problem is now solved. I forced installation of the new big update of Windows 10 and after that my Smart Card Reader was installed when I  inserted my xD-card and I  was able to read my photo xD memory card,

Regards,

Eyvind

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.