Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion M8U72AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am hoping to find help regarding my older hp laptop, M8U72AV which my father purchased for me brand new, years ago for college. Is it normal for a Samsung Sato device to come stock in this laptop? I've Google this and have only seen threads regarding people purchasing these memory devices and installing them themselves which has left me nervous since my ex husband had a lot of access to my device. There's a lot of stuff protected within dcom on my pc that even as the admin, I cannot access... including the ability to modify or turn off the remote connections to my pc. My event viewer is also protected and says access denied when I try to view remote logins. I have never worked from my pc or installed enterprise or azure... these things are also on my laptop. WMI shows as sending remote commands too. I'm absolutely clueless what is going on here and want to be sure that my ex did not modify my system and or install anything inside my pc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This includes how to verify certificates and or the individual person affiliated with SECURE EMAIL certificates. My husband is active duty and has also never worked from home. When I asked him if he had installed anything, he got defensive and suggested I must be "stalking him", which only raised more concerns since I know that responses like this are usually no good for people like me, usually indicating guilt. I really need help here. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Libra928 

Oh, dear.

Sounds like possible trouble - and if it is not "trouble", it certainly "smells like fish"...

I do not have the expertise to guide you through this.

We do have other Experts that might offer the kind of practical advice that is both useful and thorough enough to make sense to you... Someone might be able to help, in other words...

That said, I do not like the idea of being the victim of spyware or any other action that makes us feel powerless.

I have sent your issue to the moderator team for Review.

If anything comes of that, you will hear back here before anyone uses other means to contact you.

Stay safe.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that our Community moderators review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not an HP business group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Important

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hello
I am just another user of HP products!
You may have a problem that is not caused directly by Mr.
It is indicated at the top of the message, windows 10 as the operating system
This computer may have been with w7 or w8 ..
So some administrator rights problems may be just a configuration problem, not always easy to solve!
If you want to be calm, reassured, you can save your personal documents and proceed with a new installation of windows!
But it can go wrong, and if you're not sure what to do with it, you can get stuck.
Another option, less drastic, could fix some problems
But not 100% effective, and will not remove software installed without your knowledge (I doubt it, either)
So all you have to do is create a new administrator account! and once done recover your documents, it will suffice to delete the old account if everything is ok, then

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15-ac000-notebook-pc-series-touch/7777391/model/8341289

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your reply. I did reinstall windows and the problem persisted. Same certificates, same softwares including hyper v, enterprise ect and no access to dcom or my remote settings. This includes the registry where I am also denied access to viewing things minus modifying user rights...I know not to do this without first figuring out the underlying issue, so I have not. Dcom properties point to an interactive remote user which again, I cannot modify or access. Internet Explorer is seemingly used for intranet connections and secure sites which, I do not have IE so I do not understand why that is. I also do not use an intranet connection, never have. My system came with Windows home however it was modified somehow to show Windows Pro, more confusing is that despite me being the admin and only user, I am listed as a guest account on my own laptop. I am unable to modify this either. Alot of the backround tasks step from the svchost and after running this through forensic software, show Enterprise mobile stuff, specifically windows phone stuff. I have never used a windows phone or owned one. I could really use some help! I hope someone reaches out soon! 

HP Recommended

Sorry, because of the language, and maybe some explanations, apart from me I don't understand everything you say ..
It seems to me that you are trying to access things that you do not need to do
For certain actions, it is normal, that the user, cannot have access, unless modifying the rights, not always easy, and in any case not to be done in certain cases!
You talk about internet explorer, but it is normally not supported anymore, now it is EDGE on windows 10
For the pro version, that we can not know, but how did you reinstall so, with what?
"more confusing is that despite me being the admin and only user, I am listed as a guest account on my own laptop"
If you have reinstalled completely, you should be asked to create an account, it is the user who chooses the type
You can always change it

https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c04648962

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.