Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H8-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install a WD Blue SSD in this Desktop. The BIOS shows the original drive and the new SSD, and it passes the drive test in the BIOS, but there is nothing in Windows. Anywhere I look in Windows I find no indication of this SSD. I expected I would need to initialize it, but it's not in Device Manager, System Information, Disk Management, or in DiskPart - List Disk.  I'm stuck... suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Okay... I have a resolution. The issue is the SATA mode in the BIOS. By default, the mode was set to RAID. The WD Blue SSD was not seen by Windows because of the mode. The mode needed to be changed to AHCI, but just changing the setting in the BIOS results in the PC not booting. The solution is to make the change in Safe Mode.

Here is a link: How to Switch from RAID to AHCI without Reinstalling Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.co...

Easy fix once you know the secret...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Okay... I have a resolution. The issue is the SATA mode in the BIOS. By default, the mode was set to RAID. The WD Blue SSD was not seen by Windows because of the mode. The mode needed to be changed to AHCI, but just changing the setting in the BIOS results in the PC not booting. The solution is to make the change in Safe Mode.

Here is a link: How to Switch from RAID to AHCI without Reinstalling Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.co...

Easy fix once you know the secret...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.