cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Adrenus
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Stuck Upgrading H8-1534 to SSD

HP Recommended
H8-1534
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install a WD Blue SSD in this Desktop. The BIOS shows the original drive and the new SSD, and it passes the drive test in the BIOS, but there is nothing in Windows. Anywhere I look in Windows I find no indication of this SSD. I expected I would need to initialize it, but it's not in Device Manager, System Information, Disk Management, or in DiskPart - List Disk.  I'm stuck... suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adrenus
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay... I have a resolution. The issue is the SATA mode in the BIOS. By default, the mode was set to RAID. The WD Blue SSD was not seen by Windows because of the mode. The mode needed to be changed to AHCI, but just changing the setting in the BIOS results in the PC not booting. The solution is to make the change in Safe Mode.

Here is a link: How to Switch from RAID to AHCI without Reinstalling Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.co...

Easy fix once you know the secret...

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Adrenus
Author
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay... I have a resolution. The issue is the SATA mode in the BIOS. By default, the mode was set to RAID. The WD Blue SSD was not seen by Windows because of the mode. The mode needed to be changed to AHCI, but just changing the setting in the BIOS results in the PC not booting. The solution is to make the change in Safe Mode.

Here is a link: How to Switch from RAID to AHCI without Reinstalling Windows 10 | Password Recovery (top-password.co...

Easy fix once you know the secret...

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation