Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion tg01-0023w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi so a couple nights ago I was playing payday 2 and my pc randomly shut down and now it’ll turn on and just sit a blank hp logo with no spin wheel then sometimes it’ll sit at automatic repair and won’t do anything I’ve reinstalled bios and reset it but it still won’t start past the hp logo tried a new hard drive and for some reason this is stopping me from going into recovery and a usb with a new bios if you try to install it it says you can’t open the signature file and then I can’t even install a new version of windows everything in the diagnostic has passed idk what to do 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

>  I’ve reinstalled bios and reset it but it still won’t start past the hp logo

If your automobile is out of fuel, your step should not be to replace the tires.

If your computer won't boot into Windows, your first steps should not be to fiddle with the BIOS, nor "reset" the BIOS settings.

> I tried a new hard drive and for some reason this is stopping me from going into recovery

The new disk-drive probably was "empty" -- the "recovery files" are not present on the new disk-drive.

That's a different matter than reinstalling Windows onto a brand-new disk-drive -- in that situation, there is nothing on the disk-drive to "recover", except for the files copied from the Installation Media.

and a usb with a new bios if you try to install it it says you can’t open the signature file

OK. Abandon this path. I doubt that following this path will lead to a solution.

I can’t even install a new version of windows

Did you make a backup of your personal files/folders/music/pictures/bookmarks?

Installing a new version of Windows will completely "wipe" your disk-drive, deleting these files.

When you say "I cannot even install", are you saying that it is your choice to not make an attempt, or are you saying that you received an error-message when you actually tried?

everything in the diagnostic has passed 

I suspect that your disk-drive is "dying", and that the "short DST" (a short number of minutes for a test of the D(disk) fitnes(S) T(est) ) did not identify any physical input/output problems. 

If the disk-drive truly is "failing", then running the "long DST", which can take hours, will squeeze the last few drops of "life" out of the disk-drive,  driving it from "failing" to "completely dead".

So, a "boot loop" is an indication that there is a "logical inconsistency" in the files stored on the disk-drive, not a "physical" problem reading/writing from/to the disk-drive.

I would:

1. disconnect the old disk-drive

2. connect the new disk-drive

3. install Windows onto the new disk-drive

4. Connect the old disk-drive as a "secondary" disk-drive

5. Copy all your personal files from "old" to "new"

Does your "boot loop" get as far as showing the "Recovery" screen, with some options, such as "System Restore" ?

HP Recommended

I have tried to reinstall windows without my current drive in witch is a m.2 I have tried a drive with a fresh copy of windows 10 same thing and my actual barracuda hard drive but when you try to go into recovery or install windows it gets to please wait and reboots back to the hp logo and when you try to boot off usb it’ll show the windows 10 logo like it’s about to boot into the install but then it restarts and it does this on every single drive I have put in and then I tried to use a recovery drive nope same thing removed a stick of ram and got a change it gave me the spin wheel but now it reboots even faster and more frequently so I’m gonna try some new ram 

HP Recommended

It is good that you found that "bad RAM" was the problem, even though it was a long & frustrating path to get there.

Please use "Mark As Solution", if your computer keeps working correctly, to tell contributors on this forum that you have a solution.

HP Recommended

Well I can confirm wasn’t the ram idk what’s wrong with this thing 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.