Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was updating to win 11, but i guess that did not upgrade successfully, initially it was stuck on that installation screen for about a 10 hr, so i decided to cancle it out and trying to reboot the system but now i am stuck here on this screen says "Undoing changes made to your computer " 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Found the solution, after so much of digging i realised that the windows are updating behind the scene and it somehow not updating the GUI. To update the GUI you need to trigger the this pc section, to do that just enter any external storage device with the laptop, in my case i used 32GB memory card with samsung adaptor. Which triggered the database light and i got the GUI refreshed.

You're welcome 🤗

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Murtaza5246 -- how long has it been "stuck" ?  Have patience. let it be, for a few hours.

Does your computer have a lamp that lights-up whenever there is disk-drive activity?

Is that lamp always "off", or always "on", or "intermittent" (to show that the disk-drive is still working) ?

HP Recommended

Found the solution, after so much of digging i realised that the windows are updating behind the scene and it somehow not updating the GUI. To update the GUI you need to trigger the this pc section, to do that just enter any external storage device with the laptop, in my case i used 32GB memory card with samsung adaptor. Which triggered the database light and i got the GUI refreshed.

You're welcome 🤗

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.